Industrial Engineer / Sr. Logistics Analyst Texas
Location: Temple, Texas
The Industrial Engineer / Sr. Logistics Analyst Texas will spend at least 50% of his/her time developing more efficient operations processes through the introduction of improved procedures and the deployment of improved Warehouse Management Systems. This includes:
- Ability to develop & manage the distribution centers slotting strategies & processes to improve distribution center productivity, reduce distribution center throughput cycle time, improve distribution center safety performance, improve order accuracy, and reduce product damage
- Will be responsible for conducting analysis and financial feasibility studies related to capital equipment and investments for the distribution center operation.
- Act as a main point of contact with external vendor partners and suppliers of equipment, materials or services. Negotiate with vendor partners or suppliers on cost, timelines and terms/conditions to best meet needs of the business.
- Analyze/evaluate existing Distribution Center Storage/Work Area/Conveyor Design and made recommendations to improve capacity, efficiency, and safety.
- Qualify and quantify key opportunities for improvement in operations and return-on-investment; build a business case to implement and present to leadership as appropriate.
- · Strategically identify and manage process improvement opportunities in the areas of labor management, operational processes, slotting, storage & pick area design, packing & shipping area design, work area design, and conveyor system design to continuously improve distribution center operating efficiencies & effectiveness.
- · Act as a change agent across Distribution & Supply Chain operations to identify, lead, support, and implement projects & change initiatives to best support company business needs.
- Develop/implement/manage engineered labor standards for multi-variable distribution operations.
- Develop productivity tracking for all distribution center processes.
- Train the use and maintenance of the labor reporting system/engineered standards.
- Lead/Manage, develop & implement processes and methods for labor forecasting, staffing, modeling performance reporting and tracking, and other ad-hoc reporting as required to support distribution center labor management.
- Utilize analytical ability and experience to identify problems and solve issues such as: process failures, service process errors.
- Prioritize / re-prioritize tasks, carry out root cause analysis, and deal with scheduling conflicts.
- Review and understand WMS Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Technical Specifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Industrial Engineer / Sr. Logistics Analyst Texas
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor’s degree – Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science, Logistics, Production Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Distribution or any Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of work history directly related to industrial engineering, logistics and /or distribution.
- Expert working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is required
- Experience in developing, designing and/or implementing RedPrairie Labor Management System or Manhattan WMOS across multiple distribution centers a HUGE PLUS
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry, principles of inventory management, general accounting practices, purchasing techniques, and elements of the physical distribution system will be a PLUS.
- A solid understanding of warehousing practices, applied mathematical modeling, inventory control practices, and distribution network management will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work through barriers to achieve desired result.
- Does not immediately accept barriers as absolute.
- Has identified and implemented numerous improvement ideas that have had significant and positive impact to employer’s company.
Keywords/Functions/Technology: Industrial Engineer / Sr. Logistics Analyst Texas
Logistics, Warehouse Management, Distribution, Inventory Management, Production, Industrial, Labor Management Systems (LMS), Industrial Engineer / Sr. Logistics Analyst Texas, Labor Standards, Distribution Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, Pick to Light, Automated Picking Systems, AR/RS (Automated storage retrieval system), Inventory Control, Radio Frequency (RF Devices), Slotting, Manhattan, RedPrairie, Oracle, SAP, Dematic